SAPFM membership benefits include:
- Publications - SAPFM publishes an annual Journal and a quarterly e-magazine, with the goal of coming as close as possible to the experience of being in the shop of an excellent builder, looking over a shoulder to pick up the fine points and walking away with a new understanding.
- American Period Furniture is the annual journal featuring how-to-articles related to all aspects of period furniture making, including tools, techniques, design, and the history of the craft and its makers.
- Pins & Tales is SAPFM's quarterly e-magazine. This publication provides timely information on member activities and in-depth articles on particular aspects of period furniture construction.
- Full access to SAPFM's online resources
- Member's area of the SAPFM website containing furniture plans, articles, manuals, and links to woodworking schools.
- SAPFM Forum providing insightful conversations between woodworkers of all skill levels.
- Access to the Price4Antiques Reference database
- Displaying your furniture in the online Gallery
- Member meetings - A key goal of SAPFM is enabling like-minded people to meet, share, and learn from each other. These gatherings provide access to some of the most knowledgeable period furniture experts in the country. Members are eligible to attend:
- SAPFM-specific events, such as the Cartouche Award Banquet and members meeting, held in association with Colonial Williamsburg's annual conference, Working Wood in the 18th Century. SAPFM is an annual sponsor of this conference.
- The annual mid-year SAPFM conference is held at different locations each year and usually include side-trips to sites of period furniture interest.
- Regional chapter meetings. These meetings are held across the nation throughout the year, making this valuable resource available to everyone regardless of location.
You can become a SAPFM member today and start enjoying the benefits of this unique organization. Join Now!