Author Topic: Dressing Table Side Tenons  (Read 6965 times)

ChuckH

• Forum Journeyman
Re: Dressing Table Side Tenons
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 10:54:54 PM »
John,
Thanks for the reply on the knee blocks.  There are few original thoughts on this end anymore so I knew I had to have read that somewhere. 

BTW the comment about the table saw was a bit tongue-in-cheek.  Yes I have a table saw in my shop, and for 30 years I couldn't imagine woodworking without it.  When I finally decided it was time to pursue the dream of building period furniture I also decided I would wean my self of the power tools - as much as possible (my momma didn't raise no fool).  The T/S still gets a few longing glances from time to time, but then I think to myself, "How would Adam do it?", and I press on.

Regards,
-Chuck

If all else fails, play dead.  -Red Green

ChuckH

• Forum Journeyman
Re: Dressing Table Side Tenons
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 11:14:02 PM »
Tony,
I'm sorry to hear that block has moved, but I find it interesting that it actually moved down.  That's just how Mr. Lowe said it would move. 
I am very much a neophyte at working with solid hardwoods in this kind of case construction.  I'm trying gain an understanding of how much these cases can move and how to best control that movement.  But then there is a part of me that says, glue it, pin it and let nature take it's course.

Thanks,
-Chuck
If all else fails, play dead.  -Red Green