Author Topic: Resawing bandsaw blades  (Read 1812 times)

bbrown

• Forum Journeyman
  • William Francis Brown
    • Line And Berry
Resawing bandsaw blades
« on: May 02, 2013, 07:40:08 AM »

I was looking for a 3 tpi, 1/2 inch resaw blade for my 14 inch bandsaw.    These Timberwolf blades are offered at almost $10 less than I could find them anywhere else:  http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=TW+1203AS&catID=

The only difference I can see is that it's a "positive claw" tooth set, as opposed to a "skip tooth" pattern, which I think is usually recommended for resawing hardwood:   http://www.amazon.com/Timber-Wolf-Bandsaw-Blade-93-1/dp/B0032YWWFC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=25YMFTO2EHQLV&coliid=IEN3C1S4S98H8

I gather that Timberwolf is the one to get for resawing.   Am I OK with the first one for 2/3 the cost, and does anybody know if there is a significant difference in these blades?   

William Brown

Reproduction Furniture hobbyist
Forest, VA
www.LineAndBerry.com

John Cashman

• Forum Master
Re: Resawing bandsaw blades
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
I've tried several different blades on my 14 inch saw, with riser block, and easily the best has been the Woodslicer, sold by Highland Hardware. I have not, though, tried any of the carbide tipped blades, as they are too expensive for my needs.

Woodmolds

• Forum Master
  • Professional Wood Butcher (Architectural Millwork)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
I have used the Timber-wolf blades and they work very well.

Tony
"Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly ever acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.? Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

bbrown

• Forum Journeyman
  • William Francis Brown
    • Line And Berry
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys.  Sounds like the Woodslicer is a good bet.
William Brown

Reproduction Furniture hobbyist
Forest, VA
www.LineAndBerry.com