Author Topic: Mary May PWW  (Read 2724 times)

Ty G

• Forum Journeyman
    • Ty G
Mary May PWW
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
Great article!  Interesting to read about how you got started.  Good to see they got the "whole you"; I've seen quite a few articles and only your hands.
Popular Woodworking Nov. 2012.

marymaycarving

• Forum Apprentice
Re: Mary May PWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:14 AM »
Thanks! It's been an incredible journey.

SAPFM is where I first found a carving "home". I was sort of a fish out of water at the carving clubs and carving shows - it just never seemed to gel. The carvings that were there were incredible - the details of the birds, animals, charicatures, etc., but I always felt that I didn't really fit - something was amiss.

Then I discovered that there were people out there who were truly interested in decorative carvings - the kind I have always loved. Well, as I said - I found "Home".

John McAlister

• Forum Master
  • Period furniture maker as hobby, 40 yrs.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:36:51 AM »
Mary, I, for one, am glad you found "home" at SAPFM. I met you at one of the first SAPFM get-to-gethers you attended. Now if only some of your magic would rub off on me!
John McAlister
Textile mfg, 30 yrs. Owner travel agency 10 yrs.
Hobbies other than furniture making include fishing, hunting and tennis. Flew P 51's WWII, 8th Air Force, Europe.

msiemsen

• Regional Chapter Coordinator
  • Forum Master
  • Full time woodworker, I sell tall clock movements
    • Green Lake Clock Company
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:39 PM »
Looking forward to meeting Mary May at WIA!
Mike
Mike Siemsen
Green Lake Clock Company
There are II kinds of people in the world. Those that can read roman numerals and those that can't