Author Topic: Leather writing surface on fall front desk  (Read 7744 times)

Dan_B

• Forum Apprentice
  • Retired Fire Captain
Re: Leather writing surface on fall front desk
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
Thanks so much. I hope my fat fingers did not type my email address incorrectly on your site. ( has happend before)
my correct email is mailbx@comcast.net. I read your post yesterday and it is a big help and will reread it again when the leather arrives. Your site is very informative.
I am going to try the flour and water paste for adhesive. I will give it a practice try. I am building my first slant top desk but it feels like I am builing 5 as I practice so many new construction features (drawboring the battons to the fall front as latest  example). Must be some cosmic rule that things go easier in practice.

Dan

Jack Plane

• Forum Master
  • UK antiques dealer, now residing in Australia.
    • Pegs and 'Tails
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 08:51:02 AM »
Dan ? and apologies to other members for this ? I received your second email, but am still unable to respond: Your ISP, Comcast, is blocking my replies for some reason. If you have a Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail account, I would try that in future.
Regards, Jack.

Dan_B

• Forum Apprentice
  • Retired Fire Captain
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »
I reread you notes on sending you email and see the part where you say you can't get comcast. I must have rushed over that in the beginning. It was my oversight completely.
Dan

Jack Plane

• Forum Master
  • UK antiques dealer, now residing in Australia.
    • Pegs and 'Tails
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 02:43:24 AM »
I came across this image of a framed bureau fall as previously mentioned...

http://cdni3.1stdibs.com//archivesD/1stdibs/052410/NickBrockDAL_sr//09/smp_2196.jpg
Regards, Jack.

Dan_B

• Forum Apprentice
  • Retired Fire Captain
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
Beautiful, That is what I will shoot for

Thanks
Dan

Bob Seibels

• Forum Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
Hi Jack,
Thanks  very much for the photo of the desk with the leather installed, as well as your website instructions.  That's exactly what I had in mind, and I notice that it's partially cut in around the lock.  My desk has been put on hold temporarily due to an illness in the family, but I will get back to it soon.  You have certainly inspired me to include the writing leather!
Bob Seibels
Curator of Birds (Retired)
Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens
Columbia, SC