Author Topic: Chipman Blockfront Chest of Drawers drawings completed.  (Read 3668 times)

edstuckey

• Forum Master
  • Pattern Maker retired
Chipman Blockfront Chest of Drawers drawings completed.
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:33:33 PM »
I have completed the drawing and associated material for the Chipman Chest that is on display at the Diplomatic Reception Rooms of the State Department. I have contacted Mark Arnold to have them posted on the members only section. They are free, but I suggested to Mark if members would like to make a contribution to SAPFM's student fund. It is not a requirement to get the plans.
The plans and research material are quite extensive and I have over 100 hrs invested. There are 11 pdf files (9.5 meg)
This is not an exact reproduction since I did not have access to the chest.
I want to thank John McAlister for all his material which he lent to me and Craig Bentzley for the article, photographs, and other information which he kindly shared.
I do not know exactly when they will be posted, I am in contact with Mark.

Ed Stuckey

ttalma

• Forum Master
Re: Chipman Blockfront Chest of Drawers drawings completed.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 01:06:55 PM »
Ed, Thanks for sharing these with all of us. I have always felt the most valuable things that can be given are time and knowledge. Because neither can never be taken back once given. You are a great example of why I am a member of SAPFM.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

edstuckey

• Forum Master
  • Pattern Maker retired
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:00:01 PM »
Tim,
Thank you for kind words and encouragement. Mark wrote to me and said Margaret will post the files tonight if all goes well.
I have been invited back to the Toledo Museum, so in the spring I will be measuring a Seymour Sideboard Table.
I appreciate all the knowledge and plans you have shared with the membership, Thank you!

Ed
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:01:37 PM by edstuckey »

edstuckey

• Forum Master
  • Pattern Maker retired
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
The plans are now available on the members only section. There are 2 files that have not been included.
1. Is a 3D model that you can zoom, rotate, pan, turn the parts off and on, etc.. It is  a visual construction aid. Mark will add it later. In the meantime if you would like that file, please email me and I will send it.
2. Articles on John Chipman were copied from the Magazine Antiques, but because of copy right laws cannot be included without the magazines permission. I have contacted the magazine requesting permission to reprint the article.

Ed

edstuckey

• Forum Master
  • Pattern Maker retired
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
One of my drawings was not correct. If you have downloaded the files please let me know and I will send the correct one. I will have Mark correct the files when he comes back from Williamsburg.

Ed Stuckey

Bill

• Forum Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »
Could someone point me to the 'members only' section?  I'm interested in looking at Ed Stuckey's drawings of the Chipman blockfront chest of drawers, but for the life of me, I can not seem to find where they are posted.

Thanks,
Bill Kahl

Antiquity Period Designs, Ltd.

• Forum Master
  • Professional period furniture maker
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »
Bill,

Log into, www.SAPFM.org, then Members Login at the top.  Enter your UN & PW.  On the left you will see "View Furniture Plans".

Dennis Bork
Professional period furniture maker since 1985.  Received a B.S. degree in physics then apprenticed and worked as a wood patternmaker for 12 years. Retired Dec. 2018.