Regional Chapter Coordinator
Pattern Maker retired
GREAT LAKES CHAPTER APRIL 25-26th, 2009
Great Lakes Chapter Spring Meeting-Agenda has been set for Saturday and Sunday, April 25th & 26th, 2009 at the Livonia Senior Center, Livonia, Michigan. This meeting will be free to all SAPFM dues paying members. There will be a charge of $5 per person. This will cover Saturday and Sunday's pop, coffee, pastries, water, rental fee and snacks.
We will be having lunch at a restaurant (Sam's Place) next to the Senior Center.
I'm looking forward to this meeting. It is always a pleasure to meet everyone and sharing our knowledge.
SATURDAY, April 25, 2009
1. Open doors at 10am. Arrive, relax and have some coffee.
3. 10:30-11:00am. A report on the Williamsburg Conference.
4. 11:00-12 noon Rule Joint demonstration by Jim Scarella.
5. 12 noon-1pm. Lunch. The restaurant (Sam's Place) next to the Senior Center.
6. 1:00pm-2:00pm. Presentation on the use of Hand Saws by Mike Holden.
7. 2:00pm-3:00pm. Molding Planes by Rich Eschebach.
8. 3:00pm-4:00pm. Hand Planning Boards by Jim Crammond.
9. 4:00-5:00pm. How to photograph furniture by Ed Stuckey
10. Dinner at Bennigan's restaurant.
Dinner starts at 6:00pm.
The restaurant is at Bennigans. There will be maps for directions to the restaurant at the meeting.
SUNDAY, April 26, 2009
11. Demonstrations (continue), 9:00am till 12 noon.
12. 9:00 – 9:30am. Video presentation of Dan Reahard’s furntiture.
13. Group Discussion. 9:30- 12 noon.
As a period conscious furniture maker, we all struggle with the time it takes to document our next project so we can start Working Wood. If all the members could share their processes & resources to document their projects, maybe we could benefit from each other’s experience and knowledge. The goal of the round table discussion is to help each other with the planning stage to get to working wood quicker. And maybe with more confidence that we have covered all the bases. If each member could bring their lists of resources and ideas to discuss this topic,
13. Wrap-up, 12 noon till 12:30pm
14. Discussion of the agenda for the Fall 2009 meeting.
15. Feedback and summary of the meeting-What went well? -What needs improvement? -Topics and presenters for next meeting.