GREAT LAKES CHAPTER APRIL 2008
Great Lakes Chapter May Meeting-Agenda has been set for Saturday and Sunday, April 19th & 20th, 2008 at the Livonia Senior Center, Livonia, Michigan. This meeting will be free to all SAPFM dues paying members. There will be a charge of $5 per person. This will cover Saturday and Sunday's pop, coffee, pastries, water, rental fee and snacks.
We will be having lunch at a restaurant (Sam's Place) next to the Senior Center.
I'm looking forward to this meeting. It is always a pleasure to meet everyone and sharing our knowledge.
SATURDAY, April 19th, 2008
1. Open doors at 10am. Arrive, relax and have some coffee.
3. 10:30-11:00am. Bruce Beck will give a report on the 2008 Williamsburg Meeting
4. 11:00-12 noon Pete Gayner will demonstrate the Use of Guilding in Furniture.
5. 12 noon-1pm. Lunch. The restaurant (Sam's Place) next to the Senior Center.
6. 1:00pm-2:00pm. Dan Reahard will demonstrate Knee Carving on a Cabriole Leg.
7. 2:00-2:30pm. Video of Member's Furniture.
8. 3:00-4:00pm. Dave Cook will present nitric staining of maple, plus vinegar on pine and oak lye on cherry,etc.
9. 4:00-5:00pm. Dave Bailey and Jim Crammond will demonsrate Inlay Techniques.
10. Dinner at Bennigan's restaurant.
Dinner starts at 6:00pm.
The restaurant is at Bennigans. There will be maps for directions to the restaurant at the meeting.
SUNDAY, April 20th, 2008
11. Demonstrations (continue), 9:00am till 12 noon.
12. How is that made? - 9:00 am - 12 noon
As a period conscious furniture maker, we all struggle with the time it takes to document our next project so we can start Working Wood. If all the members could share their processes & resources to document their projects, maybe we could benefit from each others experience and knowledge. The goal of the round table discussion is to help each other with the planning stage to get to working wood quicker. And maybe with more confidence that we have covered all the bases. If each member could bring their lists of resources and ideas to discuss this topic,
13. Wrap-up, 12 noon till 12:30pm
14. Discussion of the agenda for the Fall 2008 meeting.
15. Feedback and summary of the meeting-What went well? -What needs improvement? -Topics and presenters for next meeting.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LIVONIA SENIOR CENTER. 15218 Farmington Road, Livonia, Mi, 48154. 734-466-2555. The center is located at the corner of Farmington rd. and 5 Mile.
MOTEL ARRANGEMENTS. Comfort Inn Plymouth Clock Towers, 40455 Ann Arbor Rd, Plymouth Mi, 48170. Tel. No. 734-455-8100 or 1-800-424-6423. We have reserved 5 rooms.
Web Site: www.choicehotels.com
Restaurant Location. Bennigans. 40441 Ann Arbor Rd. E, Plymouth, Mi, 48170. Tel. No. 734-459-8907.