GREAT LAKES CHAPTER APRIL 28-29, 2012
FINAL MEETING AGENDA
Great Lakes Chapter Meeting-Agenda has been set for Saturday and Sunday, April 28th & 29th, 2012 at the Livonia Senior Center, Livonia, Michigan. This meeting will be free to all SAPFM dues paying members. There will be a charge of $5 per person. This will cover Saturday and Sunday's pop, coffee, pastries, water, rental fee and snacks.
We will be having lunch at a restaurant (Sam's Place) next to the Senior Center.
I'm looking forward to this meeting. It is always a pleasure to meet everyone and share our knowledge.
If members would like to bring complete pieces for other members to see that would be appreciated. We will make time available so they can tell members about the piece they brought to the meeting.
SATURDAY, April 29, 2012
1. Open doors at 10am. Arrive, relax and have some coffee.
3. 10:30-11:00am. Bruce Beck will give a report on the Williamsburg Conference.
4. 11:00-12 noon Mike Holden and John Fitzpatrick will demonstrate the construction and use of a shooting board.
5. 12 noon-1pm. Lunch. The restaurant (Sam's Place) next to the Senior Center.
6. 1:00pm-2:00pm John Wilson from Charlotte will give a presentation on various hand made tools used in the shop. We appreciate John making the time to give this presentation.
7. 2:00-3:00pm. Bruce Beck, Dale Asherman, and Chad Staton will give a presentation on Furniture styles.
8. 3:00-4:00 Dave Boeff recently finished a desk on frame. He will show he built the piece from research to construction and finishing.
9. 4:00-5:00 Zack Dillinger will show how to construct hand made mutins for use in window or a glass paneled door. 10. Dinner at Bennigan's restaurant.
Dinner starts at 5:30PM. There will be maps for directions to the restaurant at the meeting.
SUNDAY, April 29, 2012
11. 9-10am. Rich Eschebach will present Tall Case Clock construction.
12. 10-11:00am. Dave Cook will show how to sharpen a V chisel tool. This will be a hands on demo so bring your v chisels.
13. 11-11:30 am. Wrap up. Ideas for the next meeting and members who will volunteer to be presenters.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LIVONIA SENIOR CENTER. 15218 Farmington Road, Livonia, Mi, 48154. 734-466-2555. The center is located at the corner of Farmington rd. and 5 Mile.
MOTEL ARRANGEMENTS. Comfort Inn Plymouth Clock Towers, 40455 Ann Arbor Rd, Plymouth Mi, 48170. Tel. No. 734-455-8100 or 1-800-424-6423. We have reserved 5 rooms.
Web Site: www.choicehotels.com
Restaurant Location. Bennigans. 40441 Ann Arbor Rd. E, Plymouth, Mi, 48170. Tel. No. 734-459-8907.