If any SAPFM member would like to be added to the e-mail list for NE Chapter activities, please send an e-mail to Bruce Wedlock, firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you received a copy of these minutes a couple of weeks ago, you are on the list; if not, you need to ask to be added.
Minutes–NE Chapter Meeting
December 9, 2006
A New England Chapter meeting of SAPFM was held on December 9, 2006 with the goal of returning the chapter to active status. A mailing was sent to approximately 160 SAPFM members in the New England States announcing the meeting through the efforts of Joyce Hanna and Bruce Wedlock.
The meeting was held at the Furniture Institute of Massachusetts (Phil Lowe) in Beverly, MA. The announced program was as follows.
9:00 am Arrival, coffee and donuts
9:45 am Depart for Peabody Es Museum, a 10 minute drive, for a tour of period furniture led by Phil Lowe who has done restoration work on many of the pieces.
1:30 pm Return to Phil’s shop for a business meeting to reestablish the chapter
2:30 pm Slide show of some of Phil’s work
3:30 pm Adjournment
Attendance was excellent. Twenty five members and three non-members attended. Several others expressed interest but had other obligations preventing their attendance.
Following the museum tour, the business meeting opened at 1:30 pm. A general discussion of meeting possibilities resulted in the following decisions.
1. Initially, we should focus on holding one-day meetings every other month, skipping the months of Williamsburg and Summer Conference. The next meeting should be early February 2007.
2. We should focus on having one main topic for meetings. Show and tell items are encouraged while members gather.
3. A Program Committee consisting of Mickey Callahan, Joyce Hanna, Ron Knapp, Paul Rulli, Brian Weldy and Jack Haley, email@example.com
, as Chairman was appointed to plan future meetings. Suggestions for meetings and locations are most welcome.
4. While Phil Lowe generously offered his shop as a meeting place, which would be excellent for demonstrations since it has workbenches, it was suggested other locations be researched to move the meeting locations around New England. Bruce Wedlock volunteered to conduct this research.
5. Earl Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org
, agreed to serve at the Chapter Chairman and contact person for the SAPFM Executive Council.
6. Bruce Wedlock agreed to serve as Corresponding Secretary and post information to the web site Forum.
Meeting mailing and refreshment expenses of $88.70 was reimbursed by national. The meeting adjourned at 2:13 pm, and about half those in attendance watched a slide show of Phil’s work.
Bruce D. Wedlock