Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2015, 07:18:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register Forum Archive
News: How do I register to use this Forum?

Instructional DVDs and plaster casts of the Philadelphia ball & claw, Newport shell, and acanthus knee carving are now available in the SAPFM Store

Join SAPFM Today!

The Society of American Period Furniture Makers  |  Furniture Forms  |  Clocks  |  Topic: pillar & scroll clock « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pillar & scroll clock  (Read 3271 times)
Mickey Callahan
Executive Council Member
Forum Journeyman

« on: September 05, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »

Can anyone recommend a source(s) for an 8-day movement along with painted reverse glass panels and dial faces for a pillar & scroll clock (i.e. Eli Terry clock). I'd also like to hear from anyone who has made such a clock. I can be reached at mickc@comcast.net. Thanks.

Maker of Fine Furniture
Forum Master

full time reproduction cabinetmaker since 1976

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »

Mickey- I get my Willard-type shelf clock movements from Lindow. Don't know how much different your movement might be, but I know there were a lot of movement types.-Al

Allan Breed
Forum Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:16 PM »

Don't know if you're found a movement yet, but here are some thoughts.  P&S clocks almost always had wooden works movements.  If you're trying to be as authentic as possible, you might try looking for one of these.  David Lindow might have some ideas but he makes brass movements.  Don and George Bruno (son and father) specialize in repairing wooden works movements and might be able to help or even have one for you. (ph. # for Don, 860-489-4904).  You might also try local chapter of National Association of Watch and Clock collectors (www.nawcc.org).   They publish a monthly MART that sells things like this.  Also sometimes can be found at a clock auction.

For reverse painting, the person to contact is Tom Moberg, (517) 723-3112.

Forum Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »

I use Linda Abrams in Waltham for the reverse paintings on my clocks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
The Society of American Period Furniture Makers  |  Furniture Forms  |  Clocks  |  Topic: pillar & scroll clock « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length